The Seminole Nation Transit Service is funded through the Seminole Nation.
The Mission of the Transit Department is to provide safe, reliable transportation to all citizens of Seminole county. We dedicate ourselves to serve with pleasant attitudes in a manner consistent with our stewardship of the communities' and tribe's trust and resources.
The vision of the Transit Department is to continue to help the citizens of Seminole county access employment, health care, nutrition, education, recreation and social and human service. We strive to be recognized as a primary contributor to the happiness and quality of life of our customers and our employees.
The Seminole Nation Transit system is a public system that provides rides for all people in Seminole County.
We run demand response and one deviated-fixed route. We have miscellaneous trips transporting everywhere in the county throughout the day. We run the Konawa/Sasakwa Route four times a day. 7 A.M. - Employment, 12:30 A.M. -OAP, 12:30 P.M. -OAP, and 4:30 P.M. Employment.
One way trip each time you get on the bus.
$1 per trip for Tribal Members *
|$2 per trip for Non-Tribal Members|
|$20 for Tribal Members *|
|$40 for Non-Tribal Members|
All Senior Over 55 - Free
All People With Disabilities - Free
Seminole Nation Service Offices/Programs and IHS - FREE round trip from your home to the office/clinic and back home. Additional trips will be charged as a standard rate. Does not include employees traveling to work at those offices.
Service attendants - Free with seniors or disabled passengers
Children Under 12 - Free with paid or eligible adult (limit two children per adult)
*Tribal members must have membership verified.
Passenger Eligibility and Rules
- This is a Public Transit System that is open to the General Public.
- All requests for rides require a minimum of 24 hours advanced notice.( All rides are subject to availability)
- Must be at least 18 years of age unless accompanies by a parent or legal guardian.
- Medical transports must be non-emergency.
- All passengers will be scheduled on a first call, first serve basis.
- Parents transporting children under 5 years old must provide a child safety or booster seat.
- Allow up to one hour before or after your scheduled pick-up time for your driver.
- Driver will only wait outside your residence for 3 minutes.
- In order to complete the driver’s manifest/schedule for the following day, ALL requests for rides will not be accepted after 3PM.
*Must call at least two hours in advance to cancel a ride.
*Must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
*Neither profanity nor harassment of drivers and/or passengers will be tolerated.
*Violation of these rules could result in suspension of transit services.
Please leave a detailed message, including :
- Your name
- A good contact phone number
- Address of Origin
- Name and address of destination
- Time of your appointment
- Any other pertinent information
Again, ALL requests for rides require a minimum of 24 hours advanced notice (Subject to availability)If you need a ride on Monday, you must call before Friday at 3:00 p.m. to be placed on the schedule.